[R] Sweave files generating miktex errors

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Wed Jan 30 14:52:01 CET 2013

On 1/29/2013 6:04 PM, Troy S wrote:
> Ok, yes I realize it.  So let me try to fix it:
> I removed the sty files, and set TEXINPUTS to
> 'C:\R\R-2.15.2\share\texmf\tex\latex
>
> I am back where I started: the tex file will not process.
> Please let me know what I should do to fix the issue.
> Troy

Don't do that either.

Go to Programs ->Miktex -> Maintenance (Admin) -> Settings
and on the Roots tab, add a folder, e.g., c:\localtexmf
having the same structure as the default texmf tree.
E.g., I have there \tex\latex\..., \bibtex\{bib,bst} ...
where I put all things tex that aren't installed directly
by Miktex

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods