[R] Relative Risk in logistic regression

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Wed Jan 30 17:17:00 CET 2013

I am not sure why one would want a relative risk from a logistic regression. The measure of association from a logistic regression is the odds ratio, not the relative risk.
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119
(Fax) 410-605-7913 (Please call phone number above prior to faxing)>>> "Kevin E. Thorpe" <kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca> 1/30/2013 11:14 AM >>>
On 01/30/2013 09:02 AM, nalluri pratap wrote:
> Relative risk = exp(coef(model))

Only if you fit using the log link.  Using the logit link, this gives
odds ratios.

Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's
Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
University of Toronto
email: kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca  Tel: 416.864.5776  Fax: 416.864.3016