[R] spatial analysis

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jan 31 23:54:39 CET 2013

On 01/25/2013 10:07 AM, Rosario Garcia Gil wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using library(spatstat). I managed to test of the random distribution of a collection of sampled trees in the forest. But what I want now is to test if their diameter is randomly distributed across the forest, for example the bigger trees are not clustered together.
>
> So far I have not managed that. Any one could help?

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I think that you can attack your problem
by applying the markcorr() function and/or the smooth.ppp() function (or its
specialized version markmean()).

You could then assess the randomness of the diameters in your data set
by using the envelope() function.  To apply envelope() make use of the
"simulate" argument so as to base the comparison on patterns generated
by randomly permuting the marks of the observed pattern.  Use the function
rlabel().

Let me know if you need more detail.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner