[R] KalmanForecast (stats)

Giovanni Petris gpetris at uark.edu
Tue Jul 2 15:50:16 CEST 2013

If you read the 'Warning' section of the help page for KalmanLike, it explicitely says that

begin quote

     These functions are designed to be called from other functions
     which check the validity of the arguments passed, so very little
     checking is done.

end quote

So, (1) these functions are not intended to be used directly and, (2) writing other functions to call them after checking the validity of the arguments is _probably_ not something the typical/average R end user would be comfortable with. Of course, (2) just reflects my perception of the larger R users community.

Best,
Giovanni