[R] help on selecting values of an object

Andras Farkas motyocska at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 20:09:09 CEST 2013

Dear List,

please provide some input on the following:
we have

a <-c(0,1,2,3)
b <-c(4,5,6,7)
d <-cbind(a,b)
k <-c(0,0,2,2,3,3,2)

"k" in this case consists of some values of "d[,1]" in a random sequence. What I am trying to do is to create an object "f" that would have the values of "d[,2]" in it based on "k", and again, "k" here is a vector that consists of some values of "d[,1]". Basically I am trying to match the values in "k" with their corresponding pairs in "d[,2]". So the result should look like:

f <-c(4,4,6,6,7,7,6)

appreciate your input

Andras