[R] Error when building a custom package

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgcgroup.com
Fri Jul 5 14:49:02 CEST 2013

> I only get an error message, when trying to build a binary
> file (or runnning /R CMD check <package name>/), not the
> standard tar.gz. Here is what the output looks like in the
> command prompt:
> I have gotten the impression that generally the error with
> the  "Error in file..." is a problem with a wrong path or
> problems with permissions,

Not sure whether it will solve your problem, but specifying a writeable location for R CMD INSTALL --build (as described in 1.3.3 "Building binary packages" in "Writing R extensions") should dodge a permission problem if that is the issue. Personally I prefer to do that anyway to avoid overwriting an existing (working) package installation.

As an aside - probably unrelated and apparently not a warning anyway - I don't see why you would need to be be creating a new plot generic. Isn't the existing plot generic sufficient?

S Ellison