[R] Installing R on Fedora 18 Linux?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Sun Jul 7 05:07:53 CEST 2013

Hello:

       I'm trying to install R under Fedora 18 Linux, and I'm confused.
  The "R Installation and Administration" manual, sec. 1.1, says, "The
simplest way is to download the most recent R-x.y.z.tar.gz file".
However, I don't know how to get that.  My favorite CRAN mirror offers a
"Precombiled binary" via "Download R for Linux".  That takes me to an
index with options debian, redhat, suse, and ubuntu.  Redhat gives me an
index with options el4, el5, fedora10, and fedora11.  I don't think I
want any of those.

       Suggestions?
       Thanks,
       Spencer