[R] Check a list of genes for a specific GO term

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sun Jul 7 13:55:35 CEST 2013

In Bioconductor, install the annotation package

  http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/BiocViews.html#___AnnotationData

corresponding to your chip, e.g.,

  source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
  biocLite("hgu95av2.db")

then load it and select the GO terms corresponding to your probes

  library(hgu95av2.db)
  lkup <- select(hgu95av2.db, rownames(dat), "GO")

then use standard R commands to find the probesets that have the GO id you're interested in

  keep = lkup$GO %in% "GO:0006355"
  unique(lkup$PROBEID[keep])

Ask follow-up questions about Bioconductor packages on the Bioconductor mailing list

Martin