[R] multcomp on significant interaction in coxme model

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Mon Jul 8 16:12:08 CEST 2013

--- most of the message deleted....

Performing exactly the same routine with the same data on a logistic
model with family=binomial does not give this error message.
So my question is, what am I missing here?

Thanks, for any possible input

I'm not a user of multcomp, so will follow with one question.  Results from coxph and
coxme do not contain an intercept column.  Could this be the problem?

  A second possiblity is that coxme will in some cases return a bdsmatrix object as the
variance matrix (to save space).  In such a case  "fit$var <- as.matrix(fit$var)" might
correct the problem.

Terry Therneau