[R] Applying PLS-PM to Environmental Regulations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 9 18:32:41 CEST 2013

   Since I posted this a couple of weeks ago on r-sig-networks there has been
neither a response nor any other posts to that mail list so I'm reposting it
here in my quest for assistance with the proper application of plspm for my
need as described below.

   I'm brand new to PLS-PM but think that it's the most appropriate approach
for my analytical need: developing indices of beneficial uses of water
bodies. I've read Gaston Sanchez's excellent book on 'PLS Path Modeling With
R' and am going through it again. I believe that I understand how to
structure the network of manifest and latent variables and set up the R data
structures; time will tell if my understanding is sufficiently complete.

   The few relevant references to PLS-PM (or each part separately) suggest
that use of this analytical approach has focused on marketing and economic
research rather than applied environmental science. This is not a problem.
What I would appreciate are pointers to examples of PLS-PM applied to highly
complex concepts that I can use to support using this approach in a
different context.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |