[R] Help with installing a .tar.gz package on windows

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jul 11 02:22:28 CEST 2013

On Jul 10, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Lucy Leigh wrote:

> Hi,
> I have had a look at the manual but it makes no sense to me. I have
> downloaded RTools, and the InnoSetup,
> but I don't understand how to use these to install my package? Am I
> meant to be writing commands
> in R itself, or in these other things I've downloaded?

Since you are clearly out of your league with respect to compiling from source, now is the time to ask (again), why are you not installing the binary package?

At the R command line just type:

install.packages("PReMiuM")  # should default to type="win.binary" and use a CRAN mirror

--
David

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA