[R] Help with installing a .tar.gz package on windows

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 15:26:01 CEST 2013

At 23:49 11/07/2013, Lucy Leigh wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I should have been clearer in
>my first email, the version of 'PReMiuM' I have is not
>the one available on CRAN at the moment, but a version I was sent by
>one of the authors, Silvia Liveriani, with a small bug fixed.
>I don't know if this is the same as the next version to be released,
>or whether the next will be different again. I asked about
>compiling it myself because I didn't want to bother the authors
>again if doing so was going to be a simple task I could
>do myself, which I now realise is not the case.
>
>I think the best option seems to me to be to contact the authors
>again and request permission to send the version to
>winbuilder to be compiled for me.

Lucy
The advantage of following Bill's instructions is that you will then
know how to install your own packages. Eventually when you have been
using R for a while you will have all sorts of useful functions and
one day you will think 'What I need is to make a package lucytools to
keep them together and documented.' This is easier than it looks, I
wish I had done it much earlier (except obviously I did not call mine
lucytools).

Michael Dewey
info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.aghmed.fsnet.co.uk/home.html