[R] Upgrade from R 2.11 to R 3.0.1

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Fri Jul 12 19:12:43 CEST 2013

On Jul 12, 2013, at 11:58 AM, Chirag Gupta <cxg040 at email.uark.edu> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to upgrade R version 2.11 to 3.0.1 on Linux server.
> I downloaded the latest version it installed correctly. Now when I run R
> and check the version, it still shows an older version.
> I am new to Linux. If anyone can tell me how to remove/uninstall R
> completely from the server, I can try and re-install the newer version and
> try.
>
> Thanks.

What Linux server? RHEL?

Do you have root access to the server?

How did you download and install R? Did you download and install a binary RPM locally, install a binary using a package manager like yum or did you download the source tarball, compile and install?

Need more information.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz