[R] While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 12 20:30:01 CEST 2013

On 12-07-2013, at 18:04, Ravi Varadhan <ravi.varadhan at jhu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> While using R CMD check I get the following Latex error message which occurs when creating PDF version of manual:
> LaTex error:  File `inconsolata.sty' not found
> I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) and R 3.0.1.  I have MikTex 2.9.
> I see that the incosolata.sty is present under \doc\fonts folder.  How can I eliminate this problem?

I've just now updated MacTeX 2013.

After the update kpsewhich inconsolata.sty gives:

/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex/inconsolata/inconsolata.sty

and  kpsewhich zi4.sty gives

/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex/inconsolata/zi4.sty

These are essentially identical.

In the package itself there is no tex/inconsolata.sty
The README of the inconsolata package tells you what you could do with doc/fonts/inconsolata.sty

See http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/inconsolata

It appears that the MacTeX update has automatically taken care of the inconsolata.sty and zi4.sty issue.

Berend