[R] Help on np package - how to set the data into a panel format

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sat Jul 13 15:55:36 CEST 2013

Hello,

It would be better if you post a data example. Like this, I will make up
one. I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you want to change
your data from long to wide format there are several ways of doing it.

# Make up some data
dat <- data.frame(
	year = rep(1:2, each = 3),
	country = rep(letters[1:3], 2),
	value = rnorm(6))

# Now in wide format
reshape(dat, idvar = "year", timevar = "country", direction = "wide")

# Using package reshape2
#install.packages("reshape2", dependencies = TRUE)  # do this only once

library(reshape2)  # load it into the R session
dcast(dat, year ~ country)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas