[R] Sending carbon copy mails from R

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Mon Jul 15 12:55:55 CEST 2013

> From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org
> [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf Of Alok Jadhav
> updated code pasted here. So I guess CC is not an option at
> all? In that case is there any other package that would be useful?

I'm guessing here (based on experience of PHP's sendmail interface), but CC is just another header field for sendmail. The package sendmailR has a headers= argument to its sendmail function that accepts 'other headers' and therefore ought to accept  CC addresses. Since that argument's a list and the sendmailR code simply pastes names and list contents before sending, I'd guess that something of the form list(CC=cc.recipient at example.com) might work, though the documentation is not very helpful on the format of the list.

S Ellison