[R] glm - change offset to avoid NA?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jul 16 18:20:45 CEST 2013

On Jul 16, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Hermann Norpois wrote:

> I did not think of something like "try". I thouht that there should always
> be a value if I do a logistic regression but sometimes the values are far
> from being meaningful. So there is a cut-off.

That seems implausilbe. I think you are just seeing the effect of a random selection creating a data situation where the interaction term is aliased with the others, in which case `glm` will set the coefficient to NA.

> My plan was to change the
> cut-off.

You said there was an "error", but you should have said that the results were unexpected. You can create an "error-condition" when this occurs with the `stop` function. And then do whatever remedial work is needed.

--
David.