[R] Windows 7 (Swedish): 'Rcmd INSTALL' fails

Göran Broström gb at stat.umu.se
Sun Jul 21 00:26:37 CEST 2013

I am trying to build a Windows zip file of a private package by

C:/Program/R/R-3.0.1/bin/x64/Rcmd INSTALL --build --library=.
epigen_0.1.tar.gz

but I get errors like

1: package 'datasets' in options("defaultPackages") was not found

and, finally,

Error in normalsizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
path[1]="C:/Program/R/R-3.0.1/library/tools": Atkomst nekad
(Access denied)

This is on a Swedish version of Windows 7. I noticed that the R
installer called the installation directory "Program Files" instead of
"Program" (despite my effort to change it), so I tried the same thing
with an English version of Windows 7 (on another machine), and there
everything went as expected.

I installed R on both machines today so the setups should be identical,
except for the languages. What can be wrong? Can it be a language/path
thing?

Thanks for any insight!

Göran Broström