[R] Check the class of an object

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jul 23 18:59:15 CEST 2013

Hi David,

thanks for the reply. You are right. Using the %in% is more stable and I gonna change my code.

When testing for a specific class using 'is' one has to start at the lowest heir and walk up the inheritance structure. Starting at the checks at the root will always give TRUE. Having a structure which is quite complicated let me move to the check I suggested in my first mail.

Best

Simon