[R] Paternity data analysis problem

Moshiur Rahman mrahmankufmrt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 05:56:59 CEST 2013

Hi R-helps,

I did an experiment with FAs ['High' and 'Zero'(no w-3) quality; n=24 for
each group]. Then I did AI to see their sperm competitiveness based on
their paternity performance. My data is as below where Fish ID- Blind ID
for each fish; Group ID- Dietary group ID; Diet quality - High=1, zero=0;
Babies for paternity- total no. of babies got from females; Success -
Babies shared/paterned by focal male; Failure - Babies shared/paterned by
competitor, Proportion - Success/(Success+Failure), and the predictor
traits are Viability, CASA PC1 and Body FAs. I’d like to examin:

 1) effects of diet on paternity performance of fish (either high/low or
both);

2) effects of predictor traits on paternity success.

I ran the attached  codes to have my result sbut each model gives me
different results with overdispersion. So, can you help me to give me some
valuable suggesions to solve this problem. I'll really appreciate your kind
assistance and will be grateful to you.

With kind regards,
Moshi

--