[R] .eps files and powerpoint

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jul 25 16:42:28 CEST 2013

Rich,

Any chance that you have access to a native Windows machine or to a colleague that does to try the files.

I am wondering if there is any chance that there is something about running Office in Windows under a VM on OSX that might be involved in some manner.

BTW, which VM (VMWare, Parallels, VirtualBox or ?) are you using?

Marc

On Jul 25, 2013, at 9:03 AM, Richard M. Heiberger <rmh at temple.edu> wrote:

> The Header and Prolog of both file.eps and file2.eps are the same.
>

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Richard M. Heiberger <rmh at temple.edu>wrote:
>
>> file2.eps opens as a graph in windows PP 2010 and as an icon in PP 2013.
>>
>> RPlot2.pptx <https://www.dropbox.com/s/snm7cb9chrkcrff/RPlot2.pptx> opens
>> as a graph in both windows PP and in Mac PP.
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at me.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Rich,
>>>
>>> I don't have direct access to Windows and I don't run a VM on my Mac.
>>>
>>> I e-mailed two PPTX files created on my Mac (Office 2011) to a colleague
>>> who has Office 2010 on his Windows laptop. The first was the file on
>>> DropBox that I linked earlier, with the regular plot. The second is this
>>> PPTX file:
>>>
>>>  https://www.dropbox.com/s/snm7cb9chrkcrff/RPlot2.pptx
>>>
>>> which contains this EPS file created with the barchart() code that you
>>> had below:
>>>
>>>  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujchnft7q3aa3pw/file2.eps
>>>
>>> I went over to his office and he could open both PPTX files on his laptop
>>> and both of the embedded EPS plots were viewable without issue.
>>>
>>> Can you open the PPTX file that I created above on your Windows instance?
>>>
>>> Marc

<snip of prior content>