[R] detect multivariate outliers with aq.plot {mvoutliers} high dimensions

monaR mfu001 at uit.no
Wed Jul 31 12:45:50 CEST 2013

Hei,
i have a species abundance data set CommData, with n (samples)=40 and p
(species)=107.
Sample	Species A	Species B	Species C	Species D	….
411_2010	40	20	0	0
412_2010	30	20	0	0
413_2010	0	0	0	0
414_2010	0	10	0	0
415_2010	20	0	0	0
418_2010	0	0	0	0
419_2010	0	0	0	0
421_2010	160	40	0	10
….

I try to find outliers based on the Mahalonis distance with the package
{mvoutliers}. I get an error using >aq.plot(CommData): "Error in covMcd(x,
alpha = quan) : n <= p -- you can't be serious!"
SoI try >pcout(CommData), which is supposed to work for high dimensions, but
get the error "More than 50% equal values in one or more variables!"

Can this be fixed? Any idea how i can find outliers in my multidimensional
data?
Thanks a lot for any help!!