[R] Substituting the values on the y-axis

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Mon Jun 10 18:51:40 CEST 2013

Hi Emanuela,

Welcome to R

It can be hard finding even relatively simple things when you are just starting.  You might want to have a look at
http://www.unt.edu/rss/class/Jon/R_SC/ or http://www.burns-stat.com/documents/tutorials/impatient-r/ if ou have not already seen them.  Patrick Burn's site http://www.introductoryr.co.uk/R_Resources_for_Beginners.html has some useful links

If you are a refugee from SAS or SPSS, this paper by Bob Muenchen is very useful www.et.bs.ehu.es/~etptupaf/pub/R/RforSAS&SPSSusers.pdf

Some tricks for asking a good question in the R help list is here:
https://github.com/hadley/devtools/wiki/Reproducibility or  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

In most cases it is very useful to provide some data. See ?dput in the last two links. A small bit of sample data in your original post would definately have helped.

Many or most R-help readers do not use nabble and really hate to have to go there to see the context of a message.  You should always leave the important parts of earlier messages to let the R-help reader see what the problems and other suggested solutions may be.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada