[R] help needed! RMSE

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 00:15:56 CEST 2013

mansor nad <nadsim88 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> i need HELPPP!! how do i calculate the RMSE value for two GEV
> models?first GEV is where the three parameters are constant.2nd GEV
> model a 4 parameter model with the location parameter is allowed to
> vary linearly with respect to time while holding the other
> parameters at constant.  is there any programming code for this?  i
> really really need help. please reply to me as soon as
> possible. thanks in advance.

  Have you read the posting guide (URL/link at the bottom of
every posting at this list)?  Can you provide a reproducible example?
It may seem perverse, but urgency ("I need HELP! ... I really really
need help ... please reply to me as soon as possible ...") doesn't
actually generally improve your chances of getting help here -- it
comes across as shouting.  Providing reproducible examples not only
makes it easier for people to answer, and improving the chances
that the answers you get will be ones you really need, it also
demonstrates evidence that you have invested some effort.

  You might want to start with this example:

  library("fExtremes")
  g1 <- gevFit(gevSim())
  sqrt(sum(g1 at residuals^2))
  ?gevFit