[R] devtools: rtools not compatible with 3.0.1

Alexander Shenkin ashenkin at ufl.edu
Wed Jun 12 02:19:04 CEST 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to load devtools in R 3.0.1 in order to run the dev version
of lme4.  I've updated devtools, and just installed Rtools30.exe.
However, I get the following warning (in R-Studio, RGui, and R.exe, both
x64 and i386):

-----------------
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages, but no version of
Rtools compatible with R 3.0.1 was found. (Only the following
incompatible version(s) of Rtools were found:3.0)

Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools from
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/ and then run find_rtools().

Any ideas?  Rtools30.exe is the most recent that I can find.

Thanks,
Allie

R 3.0.1
Win 7 Pro x64 SP1