[R] grDevices::convertColor XYZ space is it really xyY?

Ken Knonlauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Wed Jun 12 20:57:13 CEST 2013

Bryan Hanson <hanson <at> depauw.edu> writes:

> grDevices::convertColor has arguments 'from' and 'to' which can
take on value 'XYZ'.  Can
someone confirm
> that 'XYZ' is the same as the CIE chromaticity coordinates
 are also sometimes refered to
as 'xyY' in
> the literature?  Or are these the CIE tristimulus values?
It looks to me like the first case is
true, but I
> would appreciate hearing from one of the people in
 know.  Thanks, Bryan

I.'d look at the code or put in some known data to test it,
but XYZ are tristimulus values and xyY are chromaticity
coordinated and the luminance which is the Y tristimulus
value for the CIE 1931 standard observer.

Ken