[R] Proper way to implement package internal functions

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Thu Jun 13 01:13:33 CEST 2013

Hi Rolf...  Thanks.  I discovered the approach you described by looking at the source for spatstat, which as it turns out does exactly that.  I also discovered by testing that if you don't export a pattern, but rather export the specific names, not including the functions one wants to hide, that the warning goes away.  Since it is less work to change the export statement compared to even a minimal Rd, that's the way I went.  It's interesting that there is not more info about these options available.  Thanks, Bryan