[R] R session freezes when I try to save a new script

Fri Jun 14 20:16:17 CEST 2013

You will probably need to read the Posting Guide and follow its recommendations to get a constructive response. Things like posting in text instead of HTML and providing the output of sessionInfo go a long way toward speeding up the troubleshooting process.

You can also begin the process of identifying what your in-memory objects look like by stopping your script just before you run the function or click on a menu that hangs, and providing to us the output of the ls() function in your next email. You may have redefined an object with an important name. Alternatively, you may have a windows permissions issue (which would be outside the scope of this mailing list.

Ideally you would generate a self- contained reproducible example, but if that is not possible then you will have to live with guesses as responses. (The dump or dput functions may let you share the problematic memory configuration.)
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing