[R] Problems using log() in a plm() regression.

Millo Giovanni Giovanni_Millo at Generali.com
Mon Jun 17 13:35:48 CEST 2013

Dear Guylaine,

this has nothing to do with either 'plm' or logs. The error message says it all: "fin d'entrée inattendu(e)". Somehow, you're inputting '+' twice in the R console, so the formula is syntactically invalid. Moreover, you assign the forula through '<' instead of '<-' so that this becomes a logical operation instead of an assignment.

May I suggest you break up the task to avoid confusion: first make a formula, like 'fm <- y ~ x1 + x2', check that it be a valid 'formula' object, then use it in 'plm(fm, data=mydata)' etc..

It is also best to use spacings, indentation, etc. to avoid messing things up.

Best Wishes,
Giovanni

######### original message ##########

------------------------------

Message: 42
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 09:05:30 +0200
From: "Guylaine NOUWOUE" <guylaina_nd at yahoo.fr>
To: <r-help at r-project.org>
Subject: [R]  Problems using log() in a plm() regression.

Hello,

I am performing a panel model and I have an error. In fact, I would like to
set up the pooling model and I have an error message. Any help

>pool<plm(panel$lexportijt~ldistit+lpopit+lpopjt+lpibit+lpibjt+lpibcit+lpibc
jt+langueij+histoireij+infrasij+frontiereij+simijt+enclaviit,data=panel,inde
x=c("origine","annee"))

Erreur dans parse(text = x) :

  fin d'entrée inattendu(e) dans "panel$lexportijt ~ ldistit + lpopit +
lpopjt + lpibit + lpibjt +     lpibcit + lpibcjt + langueij + histoireij +
infrasij + frontiereij +     simijt + enclaviit +  + "

Thanks in advance

Guylaina