[R] environment of lm

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Sun Jun 23 22:31:41 CEST 2013

By the way, you could use
   lm(x ~ y + z, data=someData, weights=weight)
instead of
   lm(x ~ y + z, data=someData, weights=someData$weight)
as 'weight' will be looked for in someData before any environment.

(You still don't want to get into the habit of passing formula strings to lm.)

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com