[R] K-means results understanding!!!

Dzu dizem.uerek at alumni.fh-aachen.de
Mon Jun 24 17:20:36 CEST 2013

Hi,
Thanks for reply but I already read the help page I am new in R and did not
understand the output description of kmeans -function. That is why I wanted
to ask some experts in the group.

My point is that I do not understand which data are combined in the specific
cluster?

I tried the following :

(kmeans.results <- kmeans(mydata,centers =4, iter.max= 1000, nstart =10000))
# The output data type is logical , cl1 is the cluster 1

cl1 <- data.frame(as.numeric(kmeans.results$cluster == 1))
nbcl1 <- sum (cl1, na.rm = 1)
#output of the number of cl1 logical 1 values is for example 22
#this means there are 22 vectors which are similar

but when I call  :
mydata[kmeans.results$cluster==1,]
I only get 1 vector not 22 vectors that are in the cluster 1.

I thought in the cluster 1 there are many vectors that are similar based on
kmeans -function. But the output is only one vector!