[R] Fwd: Questions about working with a dataframe

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Tue Jun 25 17:57:11 CEST 2013

Hi, welcome to R

Try using the function str() on both files so str(WWA) and str(oWWA) and compare the structures that you get.  Probably one of the varables you defined when creating the original WWA data set has changed from a character variable to a factor or vis versa.

It is a good idea to use dput to supply sample data here.

So dput(WWA) and paste the results into the email and repeat with the other data set.  Then readers can paste the actual data sets into R and work on them directly.

If the str() approach does not give you enough information please paste in the dput results in your next email.

Good luck

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada