[R] lattice: column titles using xlab.top in multipanel xyplot

mntu mjk44 at gmx.ch
Fri Mar 1 12:00:23 CET 2013

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your reply.

It is my understanding the whole problem arises from using 'relation =
free'. It looks like xlab.top ignores this and positions the labels as if
'relation = same'.

My example is actually a simplified version of a much more complicated plot.
It creates a 12 by 5 grid of individual panels with measurements from
different stations assembled in the 5 columns and different parameters in
the 12 rows. There are 110 stations, and with 5 stations per page a total of
22 pages is created...
xlab.top would give me the required flexibility to dynamically add row
titles, i.e., I use a variable in the label argument of xlab.top to place
the different station specs as row titles.

grid.text may not work because I don't want to have titles in the rows 2 to
12.

Best,
Manuel