[R] What package can I use to help me categorize comment responses?

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Mon Mar 4 21:53:42 CET 2013

Daniel,

Looking at CRAN, the following might be useful:

  memisc	Tools for Management of Survey Data, Graphics, Programming,
Statistics, and Simulation
  questionr	Functions to make surveys processing easier
  survey        analysis of complex survey samples
  surveydata    Tools to manipulate survey data

and possibly
  questionr	Functions to make surveys processing easier
  samplingbook	Survey Sampling Procedures

I recently saw an r-help message that mentioned the psych package in
regard to surveys.

If you're looking specifically at free-form comments, where the respondent
can say anything they want, there is I think at least one package designed
for analysis of text and/or searching text for key words and the like.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory