[R] Generating 1-bit and 8-bit BMP files using R

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Tue Mar 5 13:19:28 CET 2013

On 3/5/2013 12:51 AM, Ingo Reinhold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the data which I generate within R to make images in .bmp format to be lateron printed by a printer.
>
> My first thought was the RImageJ package, but this seems to be discontinued. What I am currently doing is generating a matrix of grey values, which needs to be parsed into the right image format. Is anyone aware of a package or rather "easy" way to generate these images using R?
Sorry to hear this about RImageJ.  I did find that old versions are
still available in the repository archive:
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/RImageJ/

Some of the capabilities you might be looking for are available in
EBImage on Bioconductor, but I don't remember specifically whether the
.bmp format was supported.

Rob