[R] Plotting time data for various countries in same graph

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Wed Mar 6 13:18:00 CET 2013

Hello,

You've forgot to use a geom.
Also, to have Time be the x axis variable you need to do a conversion.

library(ggplot2)

dat <- read.table(text = "
Time                      Country                 Values
2010Q1                    India                       5
2010Q2                    India                       7
2010Q3                    India                       5
2010Q4                    India                       9
2010Q1                    China                     10
2010Q2                    China                      6
2010Q3                    China                      9
2010Q4                     China                     14
", header = TRUE)

dat$Time <- as.numeric(sub("Q", "\\.", dat$Time))

p <- ggplot(dat,aes(x=Time,y=Values,colour=Country))
p + geom_line()

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas