[R] Multivariate Power Test?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Mar 7 13:28:51 CET 2013

On Mar 6, 2013, at 10:50 PM, Charles Determan Jr <deter088 at umn.edu> wrote:

> Generic question... I am familiar with generic power calculations in R,
> however a lot of the data I primarily work with is multivariate.  Is there
> any package/function that you would recommend to conduct such power
> analysis?  Any recommendations would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> Charles

Are you referring to a multivariate response or a multivariable model? Just trying to parse the terminology better.

If the former, I don't believe that there is anything in R, but could be wrong. If correct, then you might want to look at simulation.

If the latter, you might want to look at the Clinical Trials Task View:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/ClinicalTrials.html

as there are various packages that might fit what you need, but again, simulation is always an option.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz