[R] Word Frequency for each row

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Fri Mar 8 22:26:05 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand, but see if the following is an example of
counting occurences of a word in each row.

set.seed(1855)
x <- matrix(sample(LETTERS[1:5], 400, replace = TRUE), ncol = 4)
word <- "A"
where <- apply(x, 1, function(.x) grep(word, .x))
sapply(where, length)  # count them

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas