[R] R GUI frond has stopped working

Sat Mar 9 22:06:42 CET 2013

I have found life to be considerably simpler since I have stopped using Run-As-Administrator. If you use it at any point with R, various files throughout your filesystem become accessible only when you use RAA again... it is like heroin... use begets more use. If you restrict your use of admin privileges to only the Times when UAC prompts you for it (installation), and use a User library for all your packages and package updates, then you avoid tainting those various file permissions and struggling with the hassles that creates.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> [...]
>> t_2.14.0.zip'
>> Content type 'application/zip' length 1512257 bytes (1.4 Mb)
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 1.4 Mb
>>
>> trying URL
>'http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/rgl_0.93.928.zip'
>> Content type 'application/zip' length 1978923 bytes (1.9 Mb)
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 1.9 Mb
>>
>> trying URL
>>
>'http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/MassSpe
>> cWavelet_1.24.0.zip'
>> Content type 'application/zip' length 1190983 bytes (1.1 Mb)
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 1.1 Mb
>>
>> trying URL
>'http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/RANN_2.2.1.zip'
>> Content type 'application/zip' length 445857 bytes (435 Kb)
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 435 Kb
>>
>> trying URL
>'http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/snow_0.3-10.zip'
>> Content type 'application/zip' length 65961 bytes (64 Kb)
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 64 Kb
>>
>> trying URL
>'http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/RUnit_0.4.26.zip'
>> Content type 'application/zip' length 195724 bytes (191 Kb)
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 191 Kb
>>
>> trying URL
>>
>'http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/xcms_1.
>> 34.0.zip'
>> Content type 'application/zip' length 1871439 bytes (1.8 Mb)
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 1.8 Mb
>>
>> package 'BiocGenerics' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'Rcpp' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'Biobase' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'waveslim' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'mzR' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'faahKO' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'msdata' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'ncdf' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'multtest' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'rgl' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'MassSpecWavelet' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'RANN' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'snow' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'RUnit' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>> package 'xcms' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>>
>> The downloaded binary packages are in
>> C:\Users\Philippos\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpW2o83w\downloaded_packages
>> Warning message:
>> installed directory not writable, cannot update packages
>'KernSmooth',
>> 'survival'
>>
>> Apologies if I was doing any silly mistakes

>>> 2 what OS
>>> 3 which R version
>>> 4 when and how it stopped working - exact error message (if any)
>>> 5 did you ask xcms maintainer for help? (it is not in standard CRAN
>>> packages)