[R] Unexpected behavior looping through sequence of dates

Alexandre Sieira alexandre.sieira at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 23:19:26 CET 2013

Thanks for the clarification, Luke.

That is really counter-intuitive behavior. I 100% agree with you that the "for" documentation should state that assumption explicitly.

I would also like to suggest changing the "for" implementation to issue a warning if the "seq" argument is a vector of a non-primitive type. That would have saved me a few hours of debugging in the last few days, so I imagine it must be relevant for more people as well.

--
Alexandre Sieira
CISA, CISSP, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895, Act I