[R] Running 32 bits code from within R 64 bits

Nuno Prista nmprista at ipma.pt
Tue Mar 12 21:18:46 CET 2013

Dear R colleagues,

Is there any code I can use that allows an R 64bits to automatically run
code on an adjoining 32bits version?

Specifically, I am using the "RODBC" package on a 64 bits version and
have a separate installation of R 32bits. I would like to automate data
extraction from Microsoft Access and Excel [for which RODBC seems to
require R 32 bits] from within my 64 bits version.

Thank you in advance,