[R] different color indicates difference magnitude

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Mar 13 18:45:46 CET 2013

On Mar 13, 2013, at 9:18 AM, John Kane wrote:

> The R-help list strips most attachements other than text (and perhaps pngs? ) to deduce the risk of virus or malware being recieved.

More accurately the server strips all files of type that are not in the set:  MIME-TEXT, pdf, png.

Most mail clients will not label files ending in .dat, .csv or .fil as mime-text and so many files which would otherwise be helpful  and are ASCII files do get discarded. I do not think that the server applies a test to the extension but rather that the mail clients are causing the problem by labeling them something else.

I am attaching an ascii file with an extension `.dat`. I expect it to be stripped.