[R] merge function to combine two tables

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Thu Mar 14 17:11:18 CET 2013

Below , in line

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

#  you seem to be only picking out the common species in the two  data.frames

ncol(output)
  length(unique(output$species))
  Schmitt_15$species  %in% Schmitt_16$species

# This may do what you want. It means that you are taking every speices name found in either file. Is that what you want"

newdat  <-  merge(Schmitt_15,Schmitt_16, by="species", all = TRUE)

This gives me a merged file with

# You seem to have missed a step here since there is no ab object in your code.