[R] Data manipulation

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Fri Mar 15 14:36:49 CET 2013

Hi IOANNA,
I got  the data but it is missing a value in Count (length 22 vs length 23 in the other two variable so I stuck in an extra 1. I hope this is correct.

There also was an attachement called winmail.dat that appears to be some kind of MicroSoft Mail note that is pure gibberish to me--I'm on a Linux box.

For some reason in neither posting does your example of the output you want come through.  Are you posting in html ?  R-help strips any html so is there a change it stripped out a table?

If i do this
table(Class, X)
Class 0.1 0.2 0.3
    1   4   3   0
    2   7   0   0
    3   1   4   4
I see that you have two combinations of Class and X with no entries. Is this what you wanted to show  in W?  If so, it is not immediately apparent how to go about this.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada