[R] Unable to start with package "rattle"

Jun_Kim finefX at sk.com
Wed Mar 20 09:08:03 CET 2013

Dear,

I recently installed R 2.15.3 and R-package named “rattle” for data mining.
After I typed “rattle()” for start, pop-up window appeared.
(pop-up window saying "Need GTK+? --> Install GTK+ / Do not Install GTK+""
Whether I clicked “OK” or "Cancel", error message appeared.
(Error message saying "... failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library, attpempting
to install it... gtk already been installed..."
Even after I intalled RGtk2 first and tried to excute rattle(), the same
error message appeared.

How do I get to start with rattle?
I remember that I used rattle last summer without any problems.

Could you pls help me out?