[R] on R package vignette

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 20 14:22:28 CET 2013

On 20/03/2013 10:28, Han Lin Shang wrote:
> Dear R core team and R users,
>
> I am building a vignette for an existing R package on CRAN. In the example
> section of the vignette document, I require a non-cran R package (currently
> available at my co-author's personal website) for loading data. My question
> is: I am not sure if I am allowed to have a vignette on CRAN that relies on
> a non-CRAN package. Thank you for your reply.

Why do you think R-help can give you advice about CRAN?  Only CRAN can ...

The answer most likely depends on licenses because of

'Source packages under an Open Source license must provide source or
something which can easily be converted back to source (e.g., .rda
files) for all components of the package (including for example PDF
documentation and configure files produced by autoconf).'

so you need to ask CRAN a less vague question.