[R] prop.test correct true and false gives same answer

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Wed Mar 27 22:04:51 CET 2013

All,

How come both of these are the same.  Both say "1-sample proportions test
without continuity correction." I would suspect one would say "without" and
one would say "with."

> prop.test(118,236,.5,correct=FALSE,conf.level=0.95)

	1-sample proportions test without continuity correction

data:  118 out of 236, null probability 0.5
X-squared = 0, df = 1, p-value = 1
alternative hypothesis: true p is not equal to 0.5
95 percent confidence interval:
 0.4367215 0.5632785
sample estimates:
0.5