[R] special character encoding problem

Huidong TIAN tienhuitung at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 22:07:20 CET 2013

Hi,
  I have a question about special character: when I  create a data
frame including some special characters, like 'ø', it displayed as
'<U+00F8>'. I understand that it's one encoding code for  'ø'. but I
want to display the letter as  'ø' on my screen. And more, when I save
the data frame to a local position, it was also save as the encoding
code instead of the special characters, anybody give some practical
tips, I have little knowledge about encoding stuff. My operate system
is windows 7 Simple Chinese,  I use R 2.15.3 64-bit.

> x <- data.frame(part = c("målløs", "ny"))
> head(x)
                  part
1 m<U+00E5>ll<U+00F8>s
2                   ny