[R] Self-developed package -- installation

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri May 3 11:25:38 CEST 2013

On 03.05.2013 07:54, PIKAL Petr wrote:
> Hi
>
> Probably others can give you some better insight but copying folder with package from one machine to another is possible until the installation is required by a new version of R (about each 3 years).

Reinstallation may be required more often, and we expect that packages
need to be reinstalled at least if x or y are increased in a new R-x.y.z
release. In rather rare cases this also happens for patch level updates.
There are examples where a reinstalltion is not required that often, but
that is not guaranteed.

Best,
Uwe Ligges