[R] Some unrelated questions.

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon May 6 18:27:59 CEST 2013

1. I would not presume to "advise" on good style. However, I will note
that for your question (1) , default arguments and the "..." argument
appears to be more standard. e.g. the function should be written as:

myfunc(a1, a2, a3= something1, a4 = something2, ...)

where arguments a1 and a2 are required, a3 and a4 are optional with
defaults provided, and ... are miscellaneous other arguments that will
be passed down to functions called by myfunc that uses them.

However, this all begs the question: Have you read the R Language
Definition manual?? These sorts of things are discussed there at
length, and you **should read it** before posting here. Why? --
discussions there are reliable, written by certified experts; here you
get advice from folks like me, who may or may not know what they're
talking about!

Cheers,
Bert